Sunday, July 11, 2010

How Does An Appendicitis Feel

ESOF 2010: Scientists are like Pucchus

Exactly.

Scientists are like Pucchu, cute, cuddly and seemingly dumb, but few cocks like in their true essence. And I would say that I learned the hard way by taking part at the European Science Open Forum in Turin.
is basically event was a huge meeting of all the scientists cool of Europe (and also other places in reality, such as America and Singapore) who made common cause at the Lingotto, organizes exhibitions and conferences, and demonstrated to all that science, after all, that's cool.

And I found myself there in the middle to participate in an event called "Pizza with the Prof " not well understand how in reality. I basically filled in the forms, and I have sent over to the organizers, Professor of mate event. O_O I have taken against all my expectations (because my attitude was something like " Come on, come on, do this thing, so those who want to take me? ). Participate in Pizza with the Prof meant lunch with a famous scientist, and chatting with a group of other guys from all over Europe in English. Random stuff.

But the meal was only part of the day for the rest of the time, volunteers dragged me and the other high school students who had won the competition around the halls to see experiments and participate in conferences in English. We start the story.

THE MORNING :

We went around the exhibits until we find an interesting stand, or the guy doing the ice cream with liquid nitrogen. In practice poured fruit juice into a bowl, then we added the liquid nitrogen (who smoked, and cool air all around ---> fyquissimo) and went around with a whip. The nitrogen evaporated, ice cream and voila! ^ ^ Then he offered to passers-by. We
we stopped there for a long time and this guy told us about all the uses of liquid nitrogen, even though half are using scenic, or equipment to make jokes, or silly games. The series, yes, it is used to weld the metal surfaces and prevents oxidation ... But the coolest things to do are crumbling slabs of metal with a baseball bat, a cool banana so much that we can then plant the nails, blow up the plastic bottles in sgam and knowledge of other unsuspecting people , and so on. Then a girl asked him: "But it is dangerous ?" And the guy said " you think?" Then he jumped on the nitrogen, making her scream like crazy. Although in reality it was harmless. ^ ^
Then, driven by hunger, we went to steal donuts and brochures at the booth of ITER, the experimental reactor nuclear fusion. There were some rings with the words " TOKAMAK " that used to attract passers-by with the excuse that the reactor resembles a donut Oo Good idea if nothing else! XD
Then we took a quiz like "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" and we placed at the top. That big, eh? Then
boring conferences (the only interesting one was on the archeology of the universe, who spoke highly of CERN) and in the end we went to eat.

LUNCH:

E 'was weird.
The moment I sat at the table, a guy in Austria looked at me warily and he whispers to "Hey, what did you do to be here today? "in a tone that suggests something like" You sold your soul to the Devil? You have done favors strange to anyone? . I fact I have set badly and I shouted " NOTHING! ", then a" Dutch "has slipped into the conversation saying" You can not . You are here, you must have done something "and I told him in reply" Yes, I have compiled the modules, you know that effort .-.- '"The guys I have looked bad and I do not have most talked about throughout through dinner, which led me to think that their had done something strange to be there. OO Ah, I forgot, the talk was all in English. ù.ù

Then came Harold Kroto, professor with whom I had lunch, which at the exact moment when the Russian who was sitting next to him told him "Pleased to meet you " had a wicked twinkle in the eye and said " # w # Are you sure?". This is a demonstration of my argument that scientists are like pucchu. UU Then for lunch, talked about everything else, all policy, research, universities, religion etc. .. Fortunately I have not talked about chemistry because I was a bit screwed otherwise. Finally I had one question, to which he replied for half an hour talking about OO And in the end told me to write an e-mail, but did not give me his address, because at the end of the meal was got up and ran off, saying he was in a hurry. OO Then I'm gone too.

THE AFTERNOON:

We visited other exhibitions and participated in other conferences. During one of these, a scientist has started saying "Yes, I am a of those mad scientist, always locked in a lab to do strange things "and then made a speech on the mega that scientists monitor every aspect of our lives , because behind every object is the study of a scientist. Bottom line: scientists are watching . O____O
Then we went to the stands of the university and we have stolen information and brochures, especially those from Singapore. Oh, and I cheated a whirlwind European Foundation for Science, which I had to bring to the Lingotto seeming at least a delay.

Eeeeeh, vabbeh. At least it was totally fun, and I meet other nice people. Almost almost there XD riandrei

0 comments:

Post a Comment